Diamonds at Sea – Pattern re-release

One of the first patterns I launched was Diamonds at Sea. They were fun, but a bit ambitious for one of my first sock patterns. I wasn’t able to actually figure out how to do sizes other than medium, which is what I wore. This week I sat down and pulled everything together and gave that pattern a total overhaul. I have changed design programs since I launched this pattern, and now use Word for all the actually pattern stuff, other than charts. That meant I could actually change all the font details and things to be more in line with industry standards. I also changed the pictures, and over all just made the look of the pattern more appealing. Then I jumped in to the sizing changes.

You can now purchase this pattern for all the main sizes! I have added the small (7.5″) and large (9.5″) sizes to the pattern, and modified the chart to accommodate the change in sizes.

IMG_1181  IMG_1185

Blueberry Muffin Hat

This pattern was designed with a bobble pattern to resemble blueberries that you would find in a muffin. I wanted something with texture that was also unisex, so you could make it for anyone in your family. There is also a bit of an openness to the pattern as you go, because of how the blueberries cause a bit of a stretch. This means that it can be used quite well as a fall or spring hat, or on those winter days where you don’t need your arctic gear, but definitely need your ears covered.

This pattern does have quite a bit of stretch, and can be forgiving. I made the size large for my husband, who has a 23” head, but it also fits me quite well, and I have a 21” head. This will give flexibility with gifts, if you aren’t quite sure of someones size.

IMG_1354