Lace Argyle Socks

New Release! My Lace Argyle socks have been released. The testing was completed so much faster than I expected, so I was able to get these out a week ahead of schedule. My testers were rockstars!

These socks have the look of argyle, without the colorwork. The lace gives them an airy feel that is great when warmer weather starts to creep in. It makes them nice socks for lounging in the AC, or for cooler evenings when you need to keep those tootsies warm, but it’s just not cool enough for a full knit sock. I honestly wear my knit socks all year long, and love the lace ones for inside in the summer when the AC makes me a bit chilly.

I hope you love them!!

IMG_1368//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js

IMG_1366//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js

Ripple Socks!

I released a new pattern today, called Ripple Socks. These socks are designed to create movement in through the cables, regardless of the yarn. I wanted to be able to add texture to yarns that are normally very busy for a regular pattern or something lace. I hope everyone thinks that this has been successful! I enjoy these socks because the pattern is easy to remember. It’s quite short with only a couple cables every once in a while to deal with. The simplicity makes them a faster knit as well.

IMG_1357//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js

Diamonds at Sea – Pattern re-release

One of the first patterns I launched was Diamonds at Sea. They were fun, but a bit ambitious for one of my first sock patterns. I wasn’t able to actually figure out how to do sizes other than medium, which is what I wore. This week I sat down and pulled everything together and gave that pattern a total overhaul. I have changed design programs since I launched this pattern, and now use Word for all the actually pattern stuff, other than charts. That meant I could actually change all the font details and things to be more in line with industry standards. I also changed the pictures, and over all just made the look of the pattern more appealing. Then I jumped in to the sizing changes.

You can now purchase this pattern for all the main sizes! I have added the small (7.5″) and large (9.5″) sizes to the pattern, and modified the chart to accommodate the change in sizes.

IMG_1181  IMG_1185

Blueberry Muffin Hat

This pattern was designed with a bobble pattern to resemble blueberries that you would find in a muffin. I wanted something with texture that was also unisex, so you could make it for anyone in your family. There is also a bit of an openness to the pattern as you go, because of how the blueberries cause a bit of a stretch. This means that it can be used quite well as a fall or spring hat, or on those winter days where you don’t need your arctic gear, but definitely need your ears covered.

This pattern does have quite a bit of stretch, and can be forgiving. I made the size large for my husband, who has a 23” head, but it also fits me quite well, and I have a 21” head. This will give flexibility with gifts, if you aren’t quite sure of someones size.

IMG_1354

Oh Deer Socks!

New Release! These socks are now officially listed on Ravelry and various other crafty sites. 😀

So, these socks have an antler stitch up the front of the leg. It gives it the look of deer antlers all the way up. I didn’t include it on the back of the leg, because the cable made it super tight.

IMG_1346 (2)

I should be able to release these pretty quickly after testing, since there are very few changes so far. So, keep your eyes open for the end of March!

Log Blanket

I am working towards completing a blanket in a log cabin style, for my first pattern of the year. This is the first project in the color theme. Right now, I am on block 8, but I’m not sure how large it will end up being. I planned for 52″ X 52″, but I’m not sure I can pull off the long blocks needed for that, without buying new needles. hehe I’m going to play it by ear, and see where it goes. It is a square design, with the blocks just going around and around until it’s the desired size. The goal is to have this complete in the next couple weeks to begin testing. It would be nice if I can get it complete before the winter games. I plan on knitting a new sweater for myself, while spending all the time watching the events.

For now, here is a sneak peek of how the blanket looked a couple days ago. It looks a bit wobbly on the edges, but it evens up as I pick up the stitches for the next block. Either way, it will need to be blocked when it’s finished.

Untitled

I chose to use Knit Picks Brava Worsted. It’s an acrylic yarn, which was very economical for a blanket. I plan on putting this in the living room, so something that is durable and easily cleaned is a must. I also like this yarn. I have another blanket I am working on in the same yarn. It’s soft and smooth, which is nice when you are knitting with it for months on end. It also feels just warm enough.

Celtic Cables Cowl and Scarf

New Release! As of today, the Celtic Cables Cowl and Scarf pattern is released! It took me a while to get everything finished up, and I had some technical difficulties that included ordering a new computer (which will be here next week), but it is done. 😀 I do love how the cables look.

This pattern is 4 patterns in one. You can choose how you want to make this one. It has both the cowl and the scarf pattern, but it is also written for both DK/Sport and Fingering weight. The length of each is completely dependent on how long you want your accessory to be. The finished width was about 6 or 7″ wide for me, but yours will depend on your gauge and how hard you block it. A firm block got me to 7″.

Be sure to check it out! With all this cold weather, something warm around the neck and face is awesome. Thanks everyone!

fullsizeoutput_dff_small2 fullsizeoutput_e05_small2