With holiday season being in full swing, it’s really getting crazy out there. We had to go to a big box store today, and it was nuts! Cars cutting in and out as we drove there and back, people just being stupid with their shopping carts, and people just walking through the parking lot regardless of cars. I swear people lose their brains during the holidays. Now for the rest of us that are attempting to stay sane, this busy-ness can suck the life out of us. It’s very important that we practice self care year round, but right now especially. So, what do you do for self care? Perhaps a nice bath, or savoring a cup of coffee? And of course, we also have the option of treating ourselves to a little something, or perhaps you are still dropping hints to a significant other. Either way, here is a list of my top 10 things that I love. A couple of these things I have a rep tag for, so I will post those details in there, for full disclosure. Other things in the list as things I just love, and really are not in any particular order. 😀
10) Cold Brew Coffee: I have been trying to find a good cold brew coffee option. I recently cut out most of the sugar I drink, but coffee has been my Achilles heel. I need my coffee. Enter Cold Buzz Coffee. I had been grinding my own beans, steeping and then straining, but this brand comes in little bags! It’s like a giant tea bag, but for coffee. I simply put the bag into 2 cups of water (or in my case, 2 bags in 4 cups of water), and put it in the fridge for 24 hours. Then pull out the bags, and it’s ready to go. I have the Mocha flavor right now, and it’s awesome. I am hooked on this. It’s also not a bitter/strong coffee, so I don’t need nearly the same amount of sugar for the dark beans I was using. That means 2-3 cups of coffee for the cost of one of the dark ones. 😀
9) Interchangeable Needles: Some of my favorite interchangeables are the Karbonz brand. I love the smooth metal tips that really get into the stitches as I am working them. Too often I find the wood variety are just too dull, and it makes it awkward to work decreases. These glide right through and have been a joy to work with. The beauty of having a set of interchangeables around, is that they have a range of sizes, with this one going from a US 2.5 (3.0mm)to US 10 (6.0mm). Most of the fixed circulars I have, are in my most used sizes. However, there are numerous times when I need a different size for cuffs or a new project. US 4 tends to be the one that I have trouble finding around the house. lol
8) Sock Sacks: I came across these bags from Wuthering Sheep recently and the artwork on them is fantastic. They have a drawstring to keep your items safe and sound, and even have a center divider that is a zippered pocket. It’s such a great design! I love that I can slip my cable needle, tape measure and a couple extra stitch markers in there, and they are safe and sound. I’m always annoyed when I through them in the bag with the sock and everything gets all tangled.
7) Pattern Holder: This pattern holder from Knitter’s Pride folds up to keep your pattern safe when you are not using it, but also acts as a stand when you are. It also has strong magnets to keep your pattern in place as you work, and comes in a variety of sizes to suit your needs.
6) Mega Wool Winder: This is another Knitter’s Pride product and is a must have. If you are doing a lot of yarn winding, and like to use larger skeins, then you need this. I also use it for my regular skeins too, and it works just as well. The big difference between this and other ball winders is that there is a much larger gap to allow for a larger cake of yarn. The post that secures the yarn you are winding is much farther away from the caking area, and does not get caught.
5) Shower Steamers: I love these little beauties from Young Living, because they just give off their scent as you shower. I personally love the eucalyptus, especially during this time of year. They really help to open my air ways and clear my sinuses. And it works during my normal shower time, without have to worry about an extra time commitment that maybe I do not have that day. This is one of those areas that I mentioned, where I am a rep. I am working on growing my business with Young Living, and if you are interested in joining, you can join me here.
4) Bags/Purse: Here is the other one where I am a rep, because, really who can resist a great bag or purse. I have one for my photography equipment that I absolutely love. It’s the Pilot 2.0 from Kelly Moore Bags, which is unfortunately out of stock right now, but is absolutely worth getting when it comes back into stock. Until then, there are a lot of other wonderful options. The Collins 2.0 Tote is another one that I absolutely love. Honestly, all of her bags are wonderful. The quality is fantastic, and I have never been disappointed in a single product. The link to the site is my referral code, and I always appreciate if someone uses it. 😀
3) Tea: I’m an equal opportunity hot beverage drinker, and like my Tea as much as I like my coffee. One of my favorite places to buy from is Republic of Tea. I have a couple favorite flavors from them. First is Peppermint Chocolate. It’s not a heavy flavor, but adds just that nice touch of scent and flavor to make it a lovely cuppa. I actually just reordered it, and bought the bag of 250 bags. haha! My other favorite is Double Chocolate Maté. This again, is not a heavy flavor, but it is delicious. The smell of chocolate is there, and it’s also a caffeinated tea, which is even better. 😀 The nice thing about Republic of Tea is that you can also join their loyalty program and spend your points on some free things.
2) Chocolate: Now, since I have cut out sugar I have needed to find a treat replacement. The great thing about these is that they are amazingly good, and I actually like them more than the sugar variety. The calories are still there, so you can’t completely pig out, but it’s a bit more guilt free…and did I mention delicious? hehe These are the Russell Stover Sugar Free Pecan Delights. And yes this is a huge bag. It’s nice to be able to get yourself a nice treat from time to time, and just let yourself drift away as you savor a couple goodies.
1) Yarn: Of course the top pick has to be yarn. One of my favorite dyers is Miss Babs. I have loved every single yarn that I have tried. If you ever go to a fiber festival that she is at, you will find that she is crazy popular. There is usually a massive line to her booth. I have spent over an hour in line before to get her yarn. But, lucky for you, she has a great online store! So, no waiting in line. 😀 This is also the reason for the Mega Wool Winder at number 6. Miss Babs offers skeins that are massive. For example, her Killington line, which is a sport/light worsted yarn comes in 700 yard skeins.
That wraps up a quick 10 of my favorite things. I have a lot of things that I like, so it was fun to compile this list. It’s quite a variety! I hope you all remember to take time for yourselves over the next couple weeks. Perhaps start knitting something for yourself. And remember, there is nothing wrong with popping an IOU into a box with an almost finished item. 🙂